Celebrating a new year at CIAC
We have so much to celebrate as we enter a new year and reflect on all that God did in 2021.
Some 2021 highlights:
- We added Rogerio and Soraya Torres as full-time employees and welcomed their family to Pittsburgh.
- We worked with 320 clients in 2021, an increase from 286 the year before.
- Roger preached at Allegheny Center Alliance Church, sharing the powerful work that God has done through his life.
- The Church of the Ascension started our first satellite campus.
- The Extravagant Love Project, which provides Christian counseling and women mentorship, has loved on several of our clients and their families.
- We are preparing to launch our first volunteer training program.
- Our office moved to the first floor at ACAC as construction continues on a new Community Hub building. We are excited for expanded space that will be at the front door of the hub when it opens next year.
Some progress from COVID-19 delays
After long delays from COVID-19, clients are finally being scheduled for interviews and we’ve celebrated as they have received their citizenship. We also had a family member reunite with their loved one after a long separation.
Please pray that God opens embassies around the world so we have more praises in 2022, and for the immigration office to start to handle the backlog of cases filed in 2020 that have had long delays.
All thanks to you
CIAC only exists to provide compassionate legal aid because of the generous gifts of our donors and supporters. We thank God for every donation we receive. Help us expand our services as we look to add a removal defense program, expand our asylum application services and support refugee and immigrant women in crisis.