How We Help
We offer a variety of immigration legal services that are catered to your needs:
- Green Card renewals and applications
- Naturalization, Proof of Derivation of Citizenship and Certificates of Citizenship applications
- Travel documents and Work Authorization documents
- Petitions for Relatives and assistance with Consular Processing
- Reunification applications for refugees
- Removal of Conditions
- Responses to a Request for Evidence Form
- Assistance with Student Visas
- Asylum (after review by legal staff)
- We hope to add Removal Defense before Pittsburgh’s Immigration Court in the future but do not currently offer this service
A World of Many Languages
In our work at CIAC, we meet with people from over 40 countries around the world, each with its own language and dialect.
We offer free translation for our appointments to ensure our clients understand, in their own language, the complicated legal process of immigration. We believe our call to compassionate care mandates we ensure this service is available at no cost to the client.
Your donation to CIAC enables us to offer free interpreters including Bhutanese, Nepalese, Arabic, Dari and more – at a yearly cost of about $5,000.
If you are a prospective client, you will meet with one of our knowledgeable and compassionate intake specialists by phone or in person.
They will work with you one-on-one to gather all of the necessary information and documentation that will allow our Attorneys and Accredited Representative to provide you with excellent legal care.
After carefully reviewing your file, one of our Legal Service Providers will meet with you to discuss what options are available, as well as an upfront quote for your specific immigration needs at a formal consultation.
At the end of this meeting, you may choose to pursue other relief or to hire us.
Representation and Legal Fee
If we become your Legal Service Provider, we will work with you throughout the entire process to help you achieve your legal goals.
Legal fees are based on your household income, as reported on your most recently filed federal income taxes
What is the legal process like?
- A new client will first have an intake appointment where all their information is gathered.
- Then they will come back to meet with a lawyer who will discuss their legal options with them.
- Lastly, after we are hired to do legal work for the client, the work will be completed and the client will come back in to review/sign documentation
How long does the process take?
We are generally able to schedule you for your consultation with a legal representative within 2 weeks of your inquiry.
If we determine you are eligible to apply, we start on your application as soon as you sign a legal service agreement hiring us. We hope to finish your application within a few weeks, but this is greatly determined by the type of supporting documents that need to be gathered, translation, etc.
Processing times once an application is submitted to the Immigration Office are varied according to type of application, but are generally very lengthy.
How do I make a legal appointment?
Do you offer pro bono services?
At the present time, we do not offer bro bono services. Our fees are determined on a sliding scale based on income and application type.
Your attorney will review all fees before you hire us as your legal representative.